Roles - Head Coach
To provide leadership and guidance to all coaches and swim teachers within the club; to coach the top swimmers within the club; manage swimmers and coaches at training camps and competitions; provide insight, ideas and direction for the future development of the swimming club.
- Work with the Committee to lead the development of the club to acquire and maintain Swim 21 accreditation.
- Delivering a quality assured, aquatics programme from Learn to Swim through to excellence.
- Coaching and developing swimmers, as part of the Clubs Development Plan.
- Providing enhanced mentor support to identified groups of swimmers and coaches in the Club. This will take the form of athlete support services, coordinating the club coaching sessions and assisting in workforce development for coaches.
Introducing and maintaining open communication channels between coaches, swimmers, parents and the Committee to ensure all parties involved in the club have up to date information; understand the coaching philosophy and understand the development plan for all swimming groups.
Commitment/Time for the Role
This is a full time role and the actual hours required will include attendance at club events/competitions, committee meetings, meetings with parents and other associated activities.
Skills & Qualities Required
- To be a confident and effective communicator that is approachable, clear and concise.
- To be a good listener with an empathy for young people.
- To respect confidentiality and be tactful and discreet.
- Well organised and efficient.
- Have a minimum of a level 3 coaching qualification, with a proven track record of developing and working with talented / elite athletes, to international level.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and be proactive in organising and scheduling your work.
- Have, or be willing to work towards the ASA Level 4 Coaching Qualification, for which support will be available from the club.
Name: …………………….. Signed ………………………. Date …………………..