Code of Conduct - Members
- I will treat all members of the club, fellow Swimmers, Coaches and Officials, with due dignity and respect.
- I will treat all competitors and representatives from competing clubs and other organisations with respect.
- I will treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with the club on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation, gender, faith, ethnic origin or nationality.
- I understand the use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the club disciplinary or child welfare policies.
- I will display a high standard of behaviour at all times.
- I will always report any poor behaviour by others to an appropriate club officer or member of staff.
- I will respect the privacy of others, especially in the use of changing facilities.
- I will recognise and celebrate the good performance and success of fellow club and team members.
- I will treat my coach(es) and fellow swimmers with respect.
- I will make my coach(es) aware if I have difficulties in attending training sessions as laid down for my squad.
- I will arrive in good time on poolside before the training session starts to complete poolside warm up as directed by my coach(es).
- I understand that if I arrive late I must report to my coach before entering the pool.
- I will ensure I have all of my equipment with me, eg. paddles; kick boards, hats, goggles etc.
- If I need to leave the pool for any reason during training I will inform my coach before doing so.
- I will ensure I bring a full drinks bottle to every training session.
- I will listen to what my coach is telling me and inform my coach if I am unwell or injured.
- I will behave sensibly in the changing rooms. Females and males will not share changing cubicles.
- I will listen to what my coach is telling me at all times and obey any instructions given.
- I will always swim to the wall as I would in a race, and I will practice turns as instructed.
- I will not stop and stand in the lane, or obstruct others from completing their training.
- I will not pull on the ropes as this may injure other swimmers.
- I will not skip lengths or sets – to do so means I would only be cheating myself.
- I will think about what I am doing during training and if I have any problems discuss them with my coach at an appropriate time.
- If I have any problems with the behaviour of my fellow club members I will report them at the time to an appropriate adult.
- I will arrive 30 mins before my meet is scheduled and in good time to warm up with my team mates.
- At competitions whether they be open meets, county/regional/national events or club galas I will always behave in a manner that shows respect to both my coach, officers and team mates and the members of all competing organisations.
- I agree that I will be required to attend events and galas that the Head Coach has entered / selected me for unless agreed otherwise by prior arrangement with the relevant club official and coach.
- I understand I must wear appropriate swimwear, club tracksuits,T shirts/shorts and hats as laid down by the club / organisation.
- I will report to my club coach and / or Team manager on arrival on poolside.
- I will warm-up before the event as directed by the coach or team manager in charge on that session or day and ensure I fully prepare myself for the race.
- I will be part of the team. This means I will stay with the Team on poolside.
- If I have to leave poolside for any reason, I will inform obtain consent of the Team manager / coach before doing so.
- After my race report I will report directly back to the coach for feedback on my race and split times
- I will support my team mates. Everyone likes to be supported and they will be supporting me in return.
- I will swim down after the race, if possible again as advised by my coach or team manager.
- My behaviour in the swim down facility must be appropriate and respectful to other users at all times.
- I will never leave an event until either the gala is complete or i have the explicit agreement of the club coach or team manager.
- I understand that performance enhancing drugs and illegal substances are all strictly forbidden.
- I will listen to audio equipment only with earphones if agreed by the coach or Team Manager. All other electronic equipment will be kept secure in lockers as provided and not poolside.