Code of Conduct - Parents
- I will complete and return the Medical Information Form as requested by the organisation and detail any health conditions / concerns relevant to my child on the consent form.
- Any changes in the state of my child’s health will be reported to the coach prior to coaching sessions.
- I will ensure the club has up to date contact details for me and any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from coaching sessions/events.
- I will inform a member of the committee or coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem.
- If I am not staying at an event, I will inform Gala Admin ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ that the swimmer will be unaccompanied and has everything they require including emergency contact number(s).
- If the organisation changes my child’s lane and/or changing times, I will remember the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and enable my child to progress and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/events including all required equipment, i.e. hats, goggles etc.
- I will inform the Coach/Welfare Officer before a session if my child is to be collected early from a coaching session/event and if so by whom.
- I will encourage my child to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training / events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents of members of both my and other organisations with due respect.
- I will not use inappropriate language within the organisation environment.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutrition and I will listen to advice given from the club coach / nutritionist.
- I will support the club coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have in an appropriate manner to the Welfare Officer.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- If I wish to have a discussion with the coach, I will check with the Welfare Officer as to how this can be arranged.
- Most of all I will help my child to enjoy the sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
The organisation will undertake to:
- Inform you at once if your child becomes ill and will ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him / her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised / taught / coached and consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have the right to:
- Make a complaint to the organisation if you feel the organisation is not acting appropriately or in accordance with organisation rules and regulations. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the club Welfare Officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of your child to the Swim England Office of Judicial Administration.